Harvest is a self-paced, two week online workshop - a place for home gardeners, CSA members, and farmers market enthusiasts. Join us for two weeks this summer, learning how to enjoy, preserve, and make the most of summer’s bounty.
As the local food movement has exploded in recent years, so too has interest in reclaiming the skills necessary for people to nurture their families and communities at the most fundamental level, through the quality of food they eat. People everywhere want to be part of the field to table process, to feel more connected to one of the most critical aspects of human and environmental health and vitality.
Harvest is a gathering place for anyone who would like to make the most of summer’s abundance. Whether you’re cultivating extensive gardens and keeping a flock of backyard chickens, spending your Saturday mornings perusing the tables of your local farmer’s market, or even combing the supermarket aisles for seasonal deals, there’s no better way to experience this connection than by rolling up your sleeves and bringing in the harvest.
In this workshop, we will teach you how to process and store the season’s bounty. Harvest a very full two week program, where you will learn how to get it all from the field to the freezer, dehydrator, cold storage, fermenting crock, and on occasion, the canner. We will discuss various growing and storage techniques, all with an emphasis on healthy soils, bodies, hearts, and minds. Expect to explore the art of foraging fields and forest, and if you’re looking for some new favorite recipes, Harvest is the workshop for you. Finally, we will be available every weekday to answer specific questions.
Whether you’re in need of full instruction or simply renewed inspiration, Harvest will be a great resource for you.
So, what can you expect? Let’s take a look inside the workshop.
- New material Monday - Friday.
- Rustic and delicious garden to tables recipes.
- Daily, thought provoking essays from Ben on a wide range of topics related to homesteading, gardening, family, and food preservation.
- Tips and tutorials from Ben and Heather - learn how to process, store, and make the most of 20 different fruits, vegetables, herbs, and wild edibles.
- Instructional cooking videos each weekday from Heather’s kitchen, featuring garden recipes as well as preservation tutorials.
- Daily content will be presented in beautifully designed, easy to download ebooks.
- An interactive community where you can ask Ben and Heather questions, and share experiences/methods of your own. (This will happen right on our private website, no social media is required.)
- Website will remain open and available to you for 60 days after the workshop ends.
- And so much more!
This is the first collaboration for us, and while we have created a comprehensive program for you, we also hope to maintain a degree of spontaneity, with a sitting around the kitchen table sort of feel. Bring your questions, share your experiences, and don’t be surprised if our conversation inspires Ben to write an additional essay, or Heather to whip up a new recipe for you, right on the spot.
Care to join us? We’d love to bring in the harvest with you.
July 27 - August 7
Bring a Friend!
As always, the first few days of registration are open to you sharing the cost with a friend, or gifting your extra spot to someone you know. Please follow these simple instructions to do so:
1. Register between 6/30 - 7/3. One person registers, unfortunately we are not able to split invoices.
2. Once registered, please email the full name and email address of your guest to firstname.lastname@example.org .
3. Deadline for having your guest's info to us is Monday, 7/6. We will add them to the roster and email them on 7/10.